Tuesday 18 March 2014

unwanted books


Does it happen to you to buy books and leave them unread, usually by placing them on a bookcase or on the floor with the other unread books? It seems that this habit is quite common. It was also my nightmare. 
Until this moment I had not realized that the "bulk purchase" of books couldn't give me a sense of feeling satiated. In books I was always looking for new worlds, adventures, journeys to unknown lands and distant planets, or unusual people. I was hungry of knowledge, words and still new impressions. But I wasn't memorizing these books, like I wasn't remembering  the movies which I watched or the trips what I made. Of course, the general impression usually remained but this wasn't what I was looking forward to. Now I know that I won't read all the books in the world so I try to choose them consciously. I don't visit a bookstore, if I haven't specific plans to purchase. And even if I see that appeared on the market some interesting  book, I'm not buying it until I finish all books already started. 

What are your experiences? Do you buy a book, even if you know that there is an off chance of reading it?


Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Leonardo da Vinci

2 comments:

  1. I do not buy too often books, because it can be for me a waste of money. I prefer to lend the books in the library. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have many books in my hause which I haven't read yet, but during holiday I'll have much time to do it ;)

    ReplyDelete